Sunday, July 10, 2005

BE COOL -- by naudy


I love The Rock. I love The Rock when he's in movies and I love The Rock when he's on TV. I love The Rock when he's an evil scorpion monster and I love The Rock when he was trying hard to be a stoic Schwartzenneger-equivalent in THE SCORPION KING. I love The Rock when he's fully dressed and I love The Rock when he's stripped down, oiled up, and dancing like the Tongan he is. I really really really hate wrestling and I love The Rock.

The Rock, by the way, is in the movie BE COOL. In the movie he's gay and cute and makes some seriously bad decisions but because it's a movie about bad gangsta musicians shooting people w/ no legal repercussions (though all of it happens in L.A. which means it makes sense since, to quote The Daily Show, to be convicted in L.A. you've got to commit the crime IN THE COURTROOM and possibly get blood on one of the jurors.) The Rock ends up being okay and becoming a movie star in the end. Which, really, is reason enough to watch the movie. Though, there are some amazing things Vince Vaughn does/wears/says. And Cedric the Entertainer is the best, most intelligent part of the movie. He hangs out with a posse of ENORMOUS gun-totin' gangstas - a bunch of steriod-muffins - and Andre 3000, who's antics actually made me laugh.

As for the rest of the film, well, it's okay. For once the Russian mafia guys aren't as deadly and scary as they typically are. Uma Therman looks really pretty/cool but the obligatory dance scene with her and Travolta is just dumb. I mean, her wayward husband had just been shot down in cold blood while he and Travolta had a cup of coffee. Of course she and Travolta are going to end up sleeping together. What's a movie without a love story.

Anyway, that's the movie. Rent it just to wach The Rock prance around in shiny red boots and a baby blue suit slapping his backside while saying "Ya like that?" to a mustached cowboy. Rent it to see Vince Vaughn do a dance while his fur coat is in flames. Rent it to hear Cedric give us the best "Why I'm sick of you disrespecting the Black Man" speech -- EVER! Rent it to see A3K sip tea. Perhaps you'd rather not rent it to see the Aerosmith guy smoke a cigar 'cause it's something I'm trying to forget. Don't bother with wanting to see Christina or whatever that singer girl's name is. However, it was worth the $2.00 I paid to see it and since I don't have to turn it in for a few hours, I think I might just go back and watch The Rock, hair braided and a flower behind his ear, hop around dancing again. Did I mention that I love The Rock?

No comments:

Post a Comment