He matches up with all of the guidelines which are, loosely:
- Have a super power or be alien.
|Regeneration! Ta da!|
- Have a dicey relationship with the laws of physics (as currently known/understood by human race.)
|The TARDIS. Bigger on the inside.|
- Have a really good origin story/traumatic childhood. (see: Time War)
|Home, aka "The planet I blew up during the Time War"|
- Possess an arch nemesis.
|I would have added a Dalek photo here but Dalek fangirls are funnier.|
- Have poor taste in clothing.
|Capes? Anyone? You? Oh, you already have a bow.|
- Have the desire/ability to save people from dire situations
|Saving the world from the Sycorax in his pyjamas -- just like every other superhero!|
- AND, Have a strongly ingrained reluctance to kill
|Unless it's one of these guys. Then it's ON!|
Now, why is the Doctor the Greatest Superhero EVER!!!? It's because he's FUNNY! Standard (i.e. made in America) superheros take themselves waaay too seriously.
|The spanx under the spandex is what makes us frown.|
|Does this man look like he takes himself seriously?|
|The Sexiest U-Boat Captain alive|