Sunday, October 16, 2005

ROBOTS -- by naudy (it gets a 7)


I love this movie. They created the coolest world --EVER!-- and we get to see it! If you ask someone who knew anything about the making of this film, there will be some disgruntlement 'cause apparently it was a musical at first. According to the one industry source I have, the distributing company "ripped out all the good stuff, tarted it up with a bunch of pop-culture trash and messed it up good."

I still liked it. I like that Rodney Copperbottom's design (the protagonist voiced by Ewan McGregor) was based on a VW Minibus and an Evenrude outboard motor. I like the way everything isn't shiny and I like the music (percussion provided by the Blue Man Group.)

So, even though this film recieved short shrift in the theaters, it's worth looking at. Get the DVD and enjoy!