Wednesday, August 10, 2005

XXX: STATE OF THE UNION -- by naudy


Just to get things straight, the very best part of this movie is the fact that they carjack a tank. Seriously. It makes me want to see it again so I can do it myself. I mean, what if I find myself facing a tank while on foot? How do foot soldiers stop a tank? Well, according to XXX, ya need a couple of jacks, some explosives and a pack of friends willing to do it. Let me know if you're up to it 'cause it can't be that hard to find a jack....

Anyway, this is an Ice Cube action flick. He's not very convincing. I mean, he may be tough man but he's just not tough or quick enough to be terrifying. So, that leaves us with some explosions, lots of fast cars, a prison escape, dorky white guys, Samuel L. Jackson driving a color-change car, an evil general, a moderate anti-military President (it is fiction), and the good ol' boys down at the chop shop. Which is good enough if you're renting it. Or if there's a tank you've got your eye on.

1 comment: