Sunday, January 01, 2012

200th Entry! Happy New Year! oh, yeah and...

Things which appeal to adolescent men apparently also appeal to me!
KUNG FU PANDA: LEGENDS OF AWESOMENESS! (Sweet!)  --10!
MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!  -- 9!


Howdy friends!  Today marks the 200th entry!  AAAAND, today is New Years Day! Cool, huh?  I spent the weekend watching a LOT of cartoons, some of which  featured the high-pitched voices of animated ponies so now everything needs exclamation points! Lot's of exclamation points!! Wheeeeeee!!!

But, Pinkie Pie imitations aside, I'm rather pleased to be blogging today on my NEW LAPTOP!!!   (See attached Kermit the Frog clip for emotional reaction. You can stop the clip after the first two seconds.)

 So it's sort of an important day.  Now, I may have been up until 5am last night playing on my new computer.  And then, after church, I immediately got right back on it, so I'm running on very little sleep. I am also pretty sure this is standard for New Years Day AND is guaranteed to make this a relatively terrible entry.

HOWEVER, one mustn't let a little things like fatigue and poor quality affect important decision making so....


KUNG FU PANDA:LEGENDS OF AWESOMENESS!!

This show is on Nickelodeon and I LOVE IT!   I know what you are thinking... "another lame rip-off cartoon of a good movie? Bleh."  but you would be wrong!  WRONG I tell you!!!   KFP:LOA maintains the excellent quality that the movies began, both visually and in storytelling.  ALSO, the fighting rocks.  And the theme song is AMAZING!!!   Oh, and there are jokes.
Though Tigress is not amused
The characters retain their integrity, the world that was created in the films is not just maintained but expanded, and they do it all without cheap pop culture references!
However, pratfalls are still totally on the table.

Anyway, I highly recommend the show anytime you are wanting to see beautiful imagery, great animated kung fu, and bandit crocodiles who get offended if you call them alligators.
And some hot mantis on mantis action! Yeow!  (j/k!)


MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!  

Now, I only started watching this show because of an article in WIRED magazine.   Here it is:
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/06/bronies-my-little-ponys/

I was curious to see this show.  I would like to think that I am cool enough to have a 14 yr-old teenage geeky stoner boy as my inner child.  And, the men who are tuning in to watch this show in huge numbers perhaps have a 14 yr-old geeky stoner boy inner child who is pleased by the bright colors, good story lines, and surprisingly honest depictions of friendship.

 However, I know full well my inner child is a 6 year old girl who likes kiddy cats and fuzzy pink things.  So, actually this show is specifically made for me.  Apparently some men like it too!  Bonus!!

Anyway, the wired.com article is WAY better than anything I have to say.  However, I can offer you this little treasure of a link:

http://youtu.be/Vnelx6VLm9Y

That, my friends is the entire first season of MLP:FIM.  The ENTIRE season.   I haven't watched all 9 hours... yet.

Happy 2012!


ADDENDUM

Um, apparently the bronie who had all of season one in one ginormous YouTube file is no longer allowed to be on YouTube.   Sad.....

No comments:

Post a Comment