Monday, November 21, 2005

HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE -- by TG Barbie (9)


I can’t make fun of all the devoted fans who dressed up like Harry Potter with capes and scarves (I noticed the Britany Spears-Schoolgirl outfit hottie with the cape got more than a few “Hey Baby”s) since I too, stood in line. I went to the midnight viewing of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on Thursday (technically Friday a.m.), and considering all the aches and pains that suddenly crop up between 12:30 am and 3:00 am, I really liked this movie. I’d give it a 9. I liked it way better than HP3.

1 comment:

  1. Though my viewing was plagued with special features including the lights being on in the projector box befouling the screen, I would have to disagree with the assessment that this movie was better than the third. There were bits of the story that were a little too choppily stuck together. There was a bit too much that functioned on the assumption that the audience had both read the book and seen the previous movies. I don't begrudge them anything they left out but feel that the movie might have held together as a unit with even a bit more fat from the book trimmed out. An example of all this was everything to do with Sirius.

    Stuff between the half-giants was funny. Snape for his paucity was good and the Mad-eye stuff was somewhat impressive as well. I also liked the triumph of Neville though the bit with the Cruciatus was underwhelming.

    Young Radcliff still can't cry worth beans.

    ReplyDelete