Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Woodland Hills Movie Reviews

Woodland Hills Movie Reviews from our
Nursing Home Corresponding Reviewer
Natalie Hall

Phone Transcripts


Wolverine:

Woodland Hills (WH): I went to the movies and saw this new one that came out.
Me(ME): Oh really? What one did you see?
WH: Some wolf movie. I didn't get it. It was silly, and not very good. Just stupid.
ME: Wolf movie?? Hmmm....OH WOLVERINE? They took you to see that?
WH: Yeah, and it was just stupid. Just stupid!
ME: It was? Didn't you think any of the men were cute? That is the only reason I would see it.
WH: Well I don't remember if they were. Someone said it was a movie based on a book. That is not any book I would read. I bet it would be silly and Stupid.
ME: At least the Popcorn was good though right?
WH: I didn't buy any. It's a good thing I didn't waste money on THAT as well.


Star Trek

Woodland Hills (WH): Oh I had such a good time at the movies tonight!
ME: Oh really? I Hope it was better then the last one you saw
WH: It was! I was wonderful! It was that Star Trek movie?
ME: I was really looking forward to that one. Do tell, how was it? (I really did say "Do Tell")
WH: Well it was about the Star Trek people, and their kids. They have kids and the kids go into space to save the people there. The Spock was there and his son was on the ship. I was very fun to watch.
ME: So the movie was about Kirk's son, and Spock's son?
WH: yes. It was very fun. I am glad I went!


Harry Potter.

ME: Hi! I am so excited what you thought about Harry Potter. You have waited a long time for it.
WH: Yeah a little bit, but the lady in the room next to me complained we were going to see that movie because she thought it was evil. She refused to go and tried to get a lot of people not to go. I was so mad because I really wanted to see it all summer. I saw the poster at the movies for it.
ME: Yeah...anyway what did you think of the movie.
WH: I kind of...well, really I didn't get it. It was hard to follow. I don't remember any of that when I listened to the book on tape.
ME: Oh really? It followed the story. I thought it was good. It was a little dark though, don't you think?
WH: Yes! They must have filmed that in a very dark studio because it was hard to see a lot of it.
ME: I suppose so, but I meant Dark as Macabre.
WH: Yes.... I meant that too.


Inglourious Basterds

WH: They took us to see this movie tonight. When I asked them what it was about I thought they were talking about a WWII documentary but it wasn't.
ME: WHAT?!?! Uh...what movie DID they take you to?
WH:errmmm...Glorious, uh, Glorious Something.
ME: THEY TOOK YOU TO INGLORIOUS BASTARDS??
WH: oh yes!
ME: Uh...How did you LIKE THAT?
WH: I thought it was very good. It's not a documentary though. It's hard to follow if you are not fast at reading subtitles because there is a lot of those.
ME: did you have a hard time with that?
WH: No I did okay to keep up. I liked it a lot! It was fun. It's not a documentary thought. I think you might like it. It was good, a little violent though. You wouldn't want to take your two year old to it.
ME: I wouldn't take her to the movies anyway. She's two. I TOTALLY wouldn't take her to Inglorious Bastards either.

District 9

WH: There was a part where the guy said the "F" word a lot and I was really sad about it. I had a really hard time even getting through the movie because it I can't stand to hear that.
ME:was it a good story?
WH: I suppose, but really all those "F" words right in a row? I didn't need that filth in my head.


Avatar

Me: did you go to the movies on Friday?
WH: OH! yes that is what I was going to tell you! I saw Avatar. Oh it was so good! It was so magical. It was an alien magical movie.
ME: Really? I was wondering if you would get to see that. So you liked it? that is great! What is it about?
WH: It's about a man destroyed by war, and then he goes to this magical planet, and they were flying and running. It was so wonderful and magical...just so magical. I was so big and magical.
ME: Oh good! Maybe that is one I will have to go and see..
WH: You should! It's just so Magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment