Monday, April 03, 2006

Movie Review:HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE -- by naudy (6)


If you can see the picture that should be near this text, you'll see the entire color scheme of HP4 -- dark, blue, and witchy. I spent most of the movie wondering if the televison was not set up properly for the film. But, since I watched it on my brother-in-law's new baby, a 70" DLP HDTV (feel free to add letters if I didn't get them all in), I'm fairly certain it's just a dark movie. A dark movie that feels rushed and poorly edited, with no time for any genuine affection or space for true emotion.

Basically, I liked the third movie a lot better and not just because the sun occassionally appeared. The last movie actually addressed character development and told a story about this kid named Harry. This film is all about the sort of Lord of the Flies universe of boarding schools and how often kids get into fights. I know it's a really thick book, but when you're cutting things out, there's no real need to cut out the bits that make it engaging. For that matter, there wasn't any need to chop up the ballroom scene so much as I'm certain a lot of stuff happend there that didn't get explained to me. All I know is Hermione lost it and yelled at Harry for no reason. Made. No. Sense.

I hope the next one is better.

2 comments:

  1. I generally concur. I was somewhat annoyed at how much of the movie couldn't be understood without having either read the book or seen the other movies first. So much it seems was invested in the dragon that they ended up making the maze at the end not nearly as interesting as it could/should have been for the final leg of the triwizard. However, I was pleased with the depiction of Voldemort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyone i know says it was the best movie and thank god someone finally agress with me that the movie was dark,short,and(disagreeing with jacaobus) but voldemort was poorly depicted way too human like! although the fifth movie really looks good!

    ReplyDelete