Thursday, September 29, 2005

THE CHORUS -- by naudy (it gets an 8)


It's good. Made me cry in bits though probably not in the bits everyone else cries in. I wish I could handle punk kids half as well as this composer/teacher. But, I also wish I could write 6 part music for choir boys based on a poem by Rameau. And I wish I were a soprano like the "star" singer in this film. I also wonder what it's like to be a star singer until puberty hits and one's voice is gone. Sort of like high school football stars except one's peak is at eleven instead of eighteen.

But I digress. This movie is in French so if you don't like to read I wouldn't recommend it. Also, if you have a problem with "prison movies" skip it. Other folks who wouldn't like it are folks who hate choral music, people with an aversion to the color grey, and anyone who has a strong phobia of preadolescent boys.