Wednesday, April 11, 2012

MIRROR MIRROR -- 7

Of course I liked it -- it's a Bollywood movie!  No, really, the director is from India.  MIRROR MIRROR is fanciful, colorful, and funny. It has a pretty girl (who has gigantic eyebrows), ornate clothing, neat-looking scenery, scary monsters, and a happy ending!  
This dress is a wonder of engineering.  Seriously.
Was Julia Roberts totally boring as an "evil" queen? Yup.  
"Shocking!"
Was the dashing prince, at 6'5", so tall he made EVERYONE look like a dwarf? Yup! 
"I look down on everyone, including my horse."
 Did it underutilize Nathan Lane? Totally.   
"I would complain about the state of my career but I'm not an animated animal so, really,  it's a win."
Did the costumer rip-off every known historical fashion up to and including 1960's Mary Blair? Yup!
Don't worry, it doesn't need to make sense.
Does any of this make it a bad movie? Nope!  Do you know why?  Little people.

Hey!
Also, there's a dance number.  It may just run through the closing credits but there is a DANCE NUMBER!!!  Here, let me show you...


 MIRROR MIRROR is a fun film that is 100% family friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment