Thursday, June 28, 2007

GHOST RIDER -- by naudy


Okay, first of all, I watched this movie with my 6 year old nephew, Matthew. He loves it. In fact, he loves it so much he had to tell me what was going to happen before it happened, do a quick demonstration of the coming action, point out said action when it occurred, and then follow up with a thorough instant reply of the action all while saying "Susan! Look! Look at me! Did you see? Susan!"

It's cute and I managed to become very very familiar with parts of the film this way. Which was just fine as GHOST RIDER is exactly the sort of film one can only watch parts of and really enjoy. It's a silly ridiculous exciting fun ride of a film. Nicholas Cage gets to do his sub-standard Elvis impersonation, Sam Elliot does the exact same charming thing he does in every movie he's in, and Eva Mendes more than adequately fufills her role of the bootylicious Latina. The nephew informed me the bad guy actor isn't actually Satan, even though he's scary and bad, and the other scary guys aren't real either -- just in case I got scared. Oh, there is some sort of plot thingy, too, but it didn't seem to matter much to Matthew or the filmmakers so I won't bother mentioning it.

I will mention this, though-- watch this movie with someone young, or young at heart, and you'll have a lot of fun. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment